Thursday, January 15, 2015

Phantom of the Opera #59 NOTES!

It's been awhile since I've reviewed a Phantom of the Opera performance or a book. I want to be more active with this blog again so here goes!

On January 14, 2015 my friend Janell and I had the luck to once again visit the Majestic Theatre to see another performance of Phantom of the Opera! My 59th time, her 4th time!

Janell and I eagerly awaiting the show, happy to be seeing it again!





So here's some brief notes about this performance!

Norm Lewis- It was my third time seeing Norm in the role of the Phantom! I love his phantom! I love the deeper voice he gives to the character, I love his final lair scene. I could see this man in the role again and again but I think last night is definitely going to be the last time I got to see him in the role.

Julia Udine - Julia Udine is the new Christine. She replaced Mary Michael Patterson. So in my opinion she started out weaker and got a lot stronger towards the end of the show. But I'm thinking she might have done that on purpose to show the character progression of Christine because I've seen other Christines approach the role in the same way.

Julia Udine and myself before the show started!
Linda Balgord - Linda Balgord is the new Mme. Giry on Broadway. I thought she was okay. Her voice gave the right Mme. Giry tone, but she looked like a fairy godmother version of Mme. Giry instead of the wise foreboding figure that lurks about the Paris Opera House giving a tiny bit of protection to the phantom.

So those are my notes, and let me conclude any one of these actors would do a way better job than I would ever do if I had to walk across the Majestic Stage to be in the show!

One of two curtain call photos I snuck in before the usher yelled at me to stop taking pictures even though it was curtain call!

No comments:

Post a Comment