Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Phantom of the Opera #62 NOTES

I stopped writing notes for every performance I see, especially if I happen to be seeing the same actors or happen to see two performances fairly close together. That being said, since I really haven't updated this blog with an entry in a long time I decided to write notes on the 62nd performance I've seen which I saw on July 3, 2015 at 8 PM.

First I want to thank my sisters, my brother and my brother-in-law (who was dragged to the show by my sister) for coming to the show with me and buying my ticket. You guys honored my birthday wish of attending phantom with all my siblings at one time and I appreciate it!

Sadly I didn't get to take this photo it's not mine just using it for the blog

My first note is about Kaley Ann Voorhes. I've had the privilege of actually meeting her a few times before I finally got to see her. I didn't think I would ever get to see her actually because I usually can't get to the show during the time slots she performs as alternate Christine. But lucky for me she was in the show on Friday instead of Julia Udine. I loved her performance. She really came through during the final lair scene and the second notes scene with the managers in Act II of the show. Not only is her performance awesome but she is one of the sweetest actresses I met, she really appreciates all of her phans and I hope when she is done with phantom in August that she goes far in the acting world whether it's Broadway or on film.

This is when I met Kaley in September of '14 before I saw her as Christine. 
My second note is about James Barbour. I have seen him once before but by the time I was ready to write about seeing him the performance wasn't so fresh in my mind anymore. I really like his phantom, I like Norm Lewis a little better but I really felt deep emotion with the performance I recently saw from James. So much so that I was sobbing so hard by the end of the performance. Most of the time I do cry when I see the show even though I know what happens and how it ends. I definitely love the emotion that he brings to Erik's character. 

This is not my photo either! I don't want to take credit for work that's not mine. 

That's about it for notes from my most recent viewing of phantom. If you can go see Kaley before she leaves the show!


No comments:

Post a Comment