Tuesday, January 13, 2015

James Barbour will be the new phantom....and there's a possible scandal as well!

On February 9, 2015 James Barbour will take over the title role in the Phantom of the Opera! He will join new cast members Julia Udine (Christine) & Linda Balgord (Mme. Giry).

Broadway's New Phantom!

Welcome to the Cast James Barbour!
There is however a scandal surrounding this actor that has caused a little bit of a sensation. According to Playbill, Barbour sexually touched a 15 year old fan after a performance of Jane Eyre in 2001 and again when she visited his apartment later that evening.


Some phans don't welcome the news about this scandal. I myself am not sure what to think. This could have happened, it could have been consensual, and lots of girls look older than they are so he could have mistaken her for a 20 year old instead of a 15 year old. At the same time the girl could have lied to get some attention, yes some victims really are sexually assaulted and yes some girls lie about it to get attention or to ruin a man who has rejected their advances. So personally I'm on the fence. I was a little disgusted when I found out about the scandal, but objectively I don't know what to think. Feel free to share your thoughts or opinions about the matter in the comments of my blog entry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment