Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Happy 17th Phaniversary to me!

Today is the anniversary of the day that I became officially and certifiably obsessed and insane over Phantom of the Opera. On this day, 17 years ago when I was 11 years old I saw Phantom of the Opera on Broadway for the first time with my sixth grade class in elementary school. Little did the PTA know when they organized this trip for us that they'd end up creating a phantom monster....now I'm sure they regret choosing phantom as the Broadway show to see....they're not as regretful as my family though who have had to put up with this zaniness for 17 years, at least the PTA for the sixth grade class of 1994 don't really have to deal with me.

I'm not seeing the show today, right now I am at work. To commemorate the day I'm trying to do as much as phantomly possible for this day. I paid my brother to drive me to work this morning, as well as buying him breakfast, for two reasons #1 I have to huge bags to take with me to Shawn's later and I didn't want to walk 4 blocks and be on crowded buses with large bags, #2 I wanted to stop off this morning and get some goodies for the library to honor my phaniversary. So this morning on my coffee break I posted a little sign and left out some sugary goodness for the staff to enjoy. Of course I'm using my new web addiction get glue to check into phantom of the opera as a topic. I have worn my phantom of the opera earrings to work today, and a black and white outfit. I will pick a sexy phantom for the month of June, and I may start reading one or two phantom of the opera books that I own but haven't read yet. Later on perhaps I shall watch a phantom movie with Shawn if he's up for it, or even better maybe he'll wear the mask for me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment