Saturday, April 16, 2011

The trap door maker by Pete Bregman REVIEW

The Trap-Door Maker: A Prequel To The Phantom Of The Opera. Collected Edition
The Trap-Door Maker: A Prequel To The Phantom Of The Opera. Collected Edition

I bought this book when I was working on my masters thesis for library school, I read it than and now I've re read it for this blog. This is a sequel to the phantom of the opera mainly featuring Erik's life in Persia before he escaped to Paris to become the phantom. There's tons of political stuff, as well as unexpected twists and turns inside of this 137 page treasure of a graphic novel. It's also a great way to turn comic book/graphic novel fans onto phantom of the opera if they aren't familiar with it. (Oh the devious things we fans do to introduce people to the phantom lol). The artwork is okay, the storyline is incredibly interesting. I believe the author was supposed to create another graphic novel of the phantom of the opera but I've checked the website and have only seen this novel so I'm guessing he never published which is sad stuff. I want more phantom graphic novels, perhaps in the future I'll find others.

2 comments:

  1. OK. Fourth time lucky :). I have been looking for this book for ages. I never realized though that it was a graphic novel. Sounds cool. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually contacted the graphic artist and he said he's been so busy lately but will definitely work on the poto comic book.

    I read the novel via iTunes and the story very good.

    ReplyDelete