Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Phantom: The memoir of Christine Daae by Anstance Tamplin REVIEW


My Phantom: The Memoir of Christine DaaƩ
Kindle Edition

I have a feeling February is going to be filled with Phantom for me...maybe the month's name should be spelled PHebruary. I seem to be breezing through my kindle's collection of Phantom books, this month is the 10,000th Broadway anniversary, the London 25th anniversary has been released to DVD and Blu-Ray (mine was shipped today - Woohoo!!!). So anyway after the excited rambling, let's get on with this review.

This was a most wonderful retelling of Leroux's story. The author's narrative from Christine's point of view captivated me, transported me back to the time period, back to her desires. The Phantom is portrayed as a wonderfully noble, very misunderstood man. The end of the novel was quite sad for me, and the very end of the novel dragged on just a little bit. Instead of ending with Christine's narrative the author wrote a few letters from her descendants, it was nice to read the letters but I felt the novel would have ended just as well, if not more powerfully had she chosen to leave the letters out of the book. Besides the never ending letters, the book was great, a well written novel that I'd recommend to any Phan. 


No comments:

Post a Comment