Wednesday, January 26, 2011

HAPPY 23RD ANNIVERSARY PHANTOM OF THE OPERA BROADWAY!

The original Man, Michael Crawford as the Phantom and Sarah Brightman the original Christine! A Phantom Phan shared this with us on facebook! 23 years ago they kicked off the BEST broadway show, stemmed from the BEST story! 
23 years ago on January 26, 1988 the curtain rose on the Broadway premiere of Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical The Phantom of the Opera. I heard that some cast members were going to appear on the Rosie O'Donnell radio show, and I think tonight at the play (if it goes on because there's massive snow at the moment :/) there will be a special surprise curtain call. I'm not going tonight, I went last year for the 22nd anniversary but decided this year not to go for the 23rd, I'm kind of glad because although it is no phantom the snow outside would freak me out that the performance might be in danger of being cancelled and then I would cry. Instead PHellow PHans I am wearing my phantom earrings to work, I may wear one of my phan shirts later, and it's possible I will finish reading a piece of phantom literature or watch one of the movies to celebrate! Maybe I will get clever and make a cake although if I do it will just be Shawn, myself and his mommy eating some lol. So let me close this entry before I ramble on and on and on......Happy 23rd Broadway Anniversary PHANTOM! Today belongs to you...well doesn't every day belong to you when it comes to your phans!

No comments:

Post a Comment